Monday, August 22, 2011

Cari missing the convenience of Rick Steves...

Cari's busy desk

So, I have stolen a blog post that Cari put on her personal blog:

Because I work full time, I have put her in charge of securing reservations at the various hotels and bed-and-breakfasts (casas rurales) where we will be staying. It has turned out to be more work than she expected, prompting her to post the following (hilarious) complaint:

I have a whole new appreciation for Rick Steves, our local travel guru. When I traveled to Italy in 2007 all that was required of me was getting there and back, plus a few dollars to Mr. Steves, good old Rick and his group took care of the rest.
This year my daughter Christine and I are going to Spain and doing all the planning ourselves. Hours and hours on the computer doing research, e-mails coming and going to set up reservations, and the all important itinerary. I used up an ink cartridge and have not seen the top of my desk in weeks. WHAT A JOB!

Yes, I feel like I have a job now but pay off from all of this planning will be fabulous. I realize chances are that, as in most trips, something could go wrong but should that happen, no problema, we will have lots of wineries we can visit and drown our troubles in good Spanish wine. OLE!!!



"After God, long live wine"
Rosalia De Castro (Spanish poet)


No comments:

Post a Comment