Monday, September 12, 2011

All packed up

There is the door, there is the luggage....I am ready to roll.  Notice the carry-on is almost as big as the suitcase, Caryl ever so kindly loaned it to me so I can fill it with gifts.  It is currently mostly empty except for medications, books, a folder with all the reservation information, a magazine, my Kindle, cosmetics bag and a couple of other items. 

My friend Bonnie loaned me this book, Pack It Up all about traveling smart and safe it has some very good travel tips.  Christine and I wanted to take something from Washington for the owner's of the B&Bs we are staying in and the book suggests a calendar- soooooo I now have four calendars with pictures of WA in my suitcase which by the way is not light. 

Said book also has several quotes and here are some of my favorites:

"If you want to get away from it all,
don't take it with you".

"Take half the clothes and
twice the amount of money
you think you'll need".

Oops, I read these ones too late, I have been wearing the same outfit all weekend, wash and wear every day, because all my Summer stuff is in the luggage, I am taking it ALL with me.  And a credit card or two....

"If you look like your passport photo,
you're too ill to travel."

Actually, my passport photo is from 2007, no gray hair all nicely dyed, four years younger, what's not to like.

" On a long journey even a straw weighs heavy".

Oh yeah, wise person who wrote this, I never knew a few cotton shirts, a couple of capris, cotton underwear and three pairs of shoes could be so heavy... no idea what else is in the darn suitcase.  ???????????

So on that note I say adios and see you in Spain.




1 comment:

  1. ahaha. This is hilarious. I was laughing out loud... - Karina.

    ReplyDelete