Monday, September 19, 2011

Statues of Oviedo

Gitana (gypsy)
 The city of Oviedo is peppered with statues and my quest has been to photograph as many as possible.  Since I don't know how many there are, I will assume that I found most of them.  Some are very traditional forms, others are very modern.  Hope you all enjoy seeing them.

 There are several statues called  Maternidad (maternity). They must inspire Asturianos to have children because we have seen many babies and little kids, although Spain is concerned with its declining population.  This is also TWIN LAND as we have seen many sets of twins both young and old.



 This is my favorite statue "Regent".

 El Emigrante  (the emigrant)

 Guisandera (the cook).

Vendedor de Pescado ( Fish seller)

 Pescadera


 La Lechera (the milk maid)


Esperanza Camina (Hope walks)

 I wanted to sit on the horse but Christine wouldn't let me.

Don't know the name of this one, just be glad you only get a rear view.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures. These are great.

    freddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw Christine your mom looks like a million bucks. ~freddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mi me gusta mas la pescadera. Gracias por estas fotos preciosas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. so beautiful. are they bronze? you're not going to show us the front of the naked man??? come on...

    ReplyDelete